Peasant Food In Italy

Saturday, February 13, 2016

While on our first walking tour of Florence, the tour guide pointed out a small food truck in Piazza del Mercato Nuovo. She told us that they sold Lampredotto, which is the fourth and final stomach of the pig. She explained that it was a Florentine specialty, something you can only find here. Madi and me both looked at each other and knew we had to come back to try it.



We have ventured out to that area a few times, but it has always been closed. Today, we decided to give it another try before we went shopping for our school books. We turned the corner to find the stand open and quickly got in line.



(#thankful for the man who made this sandwich)

Once the sandwich was in hand, I took my first bite. IT WAS AMAZING! The meat was in this heavenly bun that had been dipped a little in the broth. I might even say it has been my favorite meal so far.... which is saying a lot since I'm in my food heaven here in Italy.






I decided to use my favorite tool, Google, to find out some info on my new favorite food. Lampredotto was used to be a poor person/workman's sandwich. I thought this was fitting since we are college students on a budget!



After our sandwich adventure, we went to the bookstore for school, did some grocery shopping, made dinner, did our first load of laundry and went for a gelato run (which was another adventure in itself). Overall, it was a relaxing day to get more settled into life here in Florence. It's crazy to think we have only been here for a week and a half! It seems so much longer!

Well, I think that's about it for now! Happy (early) Valentines! I'm thankful for all the love y'all show me!

Hugs & Blessings!
KayLeigh




No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs