Bye Bye Waffles

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Selfie to prove that I'm all good!

Life Update: 
My friends and I got the news about Belgium while we were walking out of Italian class this morning. My friend had an article about the incident pulled up on her phone, as she was telling us the details. My first thought was there goes my waffles. (I know, I'm a terrible human, sometimes the stomach thinks before the heart) My second thought, was about my roommate, Makenzie. She had actually just spent the weekend in Brussels, and came home late Sunday night. While she had no issues during her weekend in Belgium, I was happy she was home, safe in Florence! I then also received texts telling me I better not head to Belgium any time soon. (aka Mom and Kenny)

This Thursday, if I survive midterms, starts my Spring Break. We are headed to five cities: Barcelona, Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, and the fifth city would have been Brussels. We are doing the trip through another student bus company. They emailed us last week, explaining for safety reasons, that we would not being stopping in Brussels. Last night, we received an email that Brussels was back on. Well, as you can guess, we received another email saying that Brussels was back off. The company is also closely monitoring all of our other stops, and making back-up plans if anything would go wrong.   I still feel completely safe going on this trip.We also received emails from TCU and Accent giving us practical advice on how to navigate our future travels. We also have to fill out a form for Accent before leaving Florence, giving all the details of where we will be traveling, where we will be staying, addresses, times, etc.  

I've had a lot of different thoughts today. Thinking about the people of Belgium and what they are feeling. Thinking what if this had happened in Florence. (just a thought.....I feel completely safe in Florence!) I was texting Kenny all my ramblings as usual and she reminded me that something like this could happen in America. Of course, I know this but there is some comfort of being in your home country vs. a foreign one. 

I decided (and was reminded) that you can't let other people steal your joy and that worrying about things will do no good!! (You just get thoughts that make you want to go home and that's no fun!) You only study abroad once, and you can't let your fears get in the way of what you want to do, Life is just to short. We will still be traveling the rest of the semester, paying attention to the news, and planning accordingly. (If God is ready to take me, I know he will!)

Thank you for everyone who has checked on me, today! 

Prayers for Belgium, the rest of Europe, and safe travels! 


Psalm 46
 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;
 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.
 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.
 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.
6The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Come, behold the works of the Lord, what desolations he hath made in the earth.
He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.
Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.
Hugs, 
KayLeigh





No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs