A Taste of My Winter Break

Monday, February 1, 2016

Fall semester ended as quick as it started! Since I am studying abroad, I got to look forward to a long break, six weeks to be exact. The whole semester I thought of all the things I would get accomplished. I would have plenty of time to pack, read, catch up on my shows, and spend some time with family and friends. Well, as my break is ending and I am procrastinating on packing, I can say many of those things on my list did not get accomplished. Honestly, this morning I was frustrated at myself for not getting things done, but I guess that is life. With all that said, I will share with you some of the things I did get done!

1. Got My Nose Pierced

I have been wanting to get my nose pierced for awhile now. After this semester ended, I decided to bite the bullet! It wasn't too painful and I like it a lot.... we will see how long it lasts!



2. Tested Out My Balance

If you know me well, you know balance is not my thing. (#remberthebleachers..... if you don't know this story, we will have to save it for another time) Kendra convinced me to go ice skating and I even got $5 off for wearing a Star Wars shirt. Everything was going great until I got to the ice. The wall around the rink became my new BFF that day! Despite my falls it was still fun, because I got to spend time with Kendra!




Also, for Christmas my cousin got a hover board. Every Christmas day, we have brunch at my Memaw's house. After we all ate, the family took turns trying out the new toy. Believe it or not, I did good till I stepped off. The end result was me hugging the floor, but did we really expect anything else?? (Also, look out for Anita's face at the end of the video)



3. Finished A Wintermester

Nothing is really exciting about a wintermester, except this one I got to take with Kendra! Going to Temple, me and Kenny pretty much had all of our classes together. Since we both attend different colleges, It was special to finally get to take a college class together! I can also now understand a Shakespeare reference in the movie The Prince and Me, so I would say it was a win, win. 



4. Remembered and Celebrated Life

Sadly, my family and I had to enter the holiday season with Grandma Salazar in the hospital. On December 22, 2015 Grandma went to be with the Lord on the same day her husband passed away eight years prior. If that isn't true love, I don't know what is. I'll miss seeing her sweet smile! It is hard to see ones you love hurting, but what a blessing to see what a legacy she left through her family. She was truly admired by all, and I hope one day people will remember me the same way.



At the beginning of January, Mom, Henry, and I headed down to Round Rock to celebrate my Great Aunt Fe's birthday. What a sweet time it was to catch up and celebrate!




These events make you realize how short and special life is. It reminds me to be joyful in all situations, because we just don't know when it will end. 


5. WATCHED TCU WIN THE ALAMO BOWL

I could say a lot right here, but i'll just leave it at the GREATEST COMEBACK IN BOWL HISTORY! GO FROGS!



6. Saw Macklemore and Kenan Thompson

TCU brings in entertainers through our Student Government Association and a organization called The End. How fun it was to catch both of these entertainers before I left! I am a little bitter that I am missing Jesse McCartney (aka my childhood) by a few days. Thankful I have Snapchat to live through!




7. Visited Aggieland

I got to visited College Station for a weekend to say goodbye to Kenny and Kristin. I got to spend some time watching movies, sing along to High School Musical 2, attending Kenny's church and eating at my favorite place (Sweet Eugene's, Layne's, and a new favorite - Hullabaloo Diner). It is always sad to leave CSTAT, but this time it was even more hard. Let's just say there were some (maybe a lot) of tears shed. 

P.S. A&M has a college ministry called Breakaway. I have never gotten to go, but Kenny told me about their app- Breakaway Ministries. It has all their podcasts, and I have been listening to them while driving. Which has been a lot lately trying to get ready for Italy! I highly recommend downloading it!! 




8. Said Some Hard Goodbyes

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard" - Winnie the Pooh

This quote hits close to home lately and not just because Winnie the Pooh was my jam as a little girl. It has been harder than expected to say goodbye to my friends, the roomies (Megan, Brooke, and Kelsey), and family this week. But as I say my goodbyes, I realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by so many loving people. I was truly blessed with a great support team and I don't know if I would have been able to get by all these years without you! Thanks to everyone for all the hugs, prayers, text messages, and well wishes. I mainly started this blog, so y'all can follow me on my adventures. I can't wait to catch up with everyone when I get back, but for now the social media will have to do! Also, special thanks to our friends John and Becky Pellizzari! I'm pretty convinced y'all are angels that God sent down to me. Thank you for all the time and wise words y'all have given to me these last few weeks! I truly can't thank you enough!







Well, I have to go finish packing, because y'all know I'm a procrastintor and haven't finished! I don't know how much I'll get to post, but come back to this blog and look out on Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat to see what I am up to!

Instagram: kayleighnava
Snapchat: kayleighnava

Blessings!
-KayLeigh




No comments :

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs